Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pumpkin pancakes and oven pumpkin puree




It’s not from me but from my last edition of my Mens Health magazine. I would like to share with you these pumpkin recipes.

http://www.menshealth.com/men/nutrition/food-for-fitness/power-of-pumpkin/article/ee2aaa4e303fa210vgnvcm10000030281eac


Note from me:
  • If you use a Jack-O-Lantern-style pumpkin for your puree, you will need to shorten the time in the oven.
  • Because of their water content, if you use a Jack-O-Lantern style pumpkins in a soup or pancakes recipe, keep an eye on how thick do you want your mix.
  • For use as pie filling, a Jack-O-Lantern-style pumpkin, once in puree, will probably need to thicken the pulp by simmering and adding more or less sugar to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with links to business websites will not be published.