Monday, August 20, 2012

What's for lunch?

    Well, it's the middle of August and summer vacation is almost over.  It's getting to be the time of year when gardeners who plant cool weather crops for the fall are transplanting their broccoli, cauliflower and collard transplants.  It's also time to think about planting the seeds of lettuce, spinach, kohlrabi, bok choi, kale, mustard and other fall greens for fall harvest.  But once the morning's planting is done, my stomach tells me it's time to think about lunch.

    So what is for lunch?  Well, since it's summer, it has to be BLTs.  Despite their low yield, Brandywine tomatoes have to be my favorite tomato both for its size and taste.  So it's in from garden to fry up some bacon, toast some bread, rinse some lettuce and slice a Brandywine.  The old adage is that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I think I'll stop blogging and sit down for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Large Brandywine--or small bread? :-) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one great-looking sandwich. I envy that tomato. My tomatoes have almost all died prematurely this year, and through an accident of a) not realizing what I was planting and b) planting seeds from an "heirloom mix" I ended up with a ridiculous amount of cherry-sized fruit this year. I'm already in last year's seed catalogues working out a new plan of attack for next summer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links to business websites will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.