Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Seed saving webinars

Since I spent an enjoyable forty minutes last night "attending" a free webinar on "Planning Your Garden for Seed Saving" hosted by Seed Savers Exchange, I thought I'd call everyone's attention to this great educational series.

Upcoming webinars are listed here (seed swaps, isolation techniques, saving seed from particular species, etc.).  All webinars are archived after completion, so if you can't join one live, check out the list of prior topics here.  Great visuals and explanations by experts, and all absolutely FREE.

My community garden is starting a seed-saving project that I hope to post about here over the next year.  Exciting!  (Because I don't have enough seed already, ha ha ha.  I guess I'll be trying to unload some of it at upcoming seed swaps.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for sharing that resource :). I think that the internet has given all of us a level playing field when it comes to how we go about sourcing our information and its available to all of us so long as we are willing to share :). Sharing is what makes this amazing and I have plans to start a seed swap website for our own little island (Tasmania) that is subject to some incredibly stringent Quarantine laws that don't allow us to obtain a lot of seed (especially food seed) from mainland Australia, let alone the rest of the world. That brings me to the seed swap site. There are other sites out there that do the very same thing but I have always been incredibly frustrated by my exclusion from their realms. Why not start one for we Taswegians? I look forward to reading about your seed swap adventures in future posts eagerly :). Cheers for the great link and the great website :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for teaching me something I didn't know! We love hearing from readers in other parts of the world. Best of luck with Seed Swap Tasmania!

      Delete

Comments with links to business websites will not be published.