Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Ugly Duckling

My puny tomato seedlings are the ugly ducklings that I am hoping will turn into swans one day (in this season not my lifetime even though that may be true in my case )














They started out looking like any other tomato seeds. I cannot tell them apart.














I watched them hatch in the egg carton fill with seed starting mix placed on top of the refrigerator.

One by one, they all sprout without any problems. 

Now they are in separate pots filled with Earth mix (I splurge on this soil mix). It had a guarantee clause that your plant will grow or you will get your money back. I wonder how that works. 

My back up plan if my seedlings do not turn out to be swans: I will purchase tomato plants and I think I may try the new graft tomato.  http://groweat.blogspot.com/2013/03/graft-in-tomato-patch.html#axzz2Oh8YSJoa 

O.K. you got me but you can count me in for trying again next season!

How to grow tomatoes bought  brought to you by University of Maryland Extension.
Planting:
Pruning, Care, and varieties:
Recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments with links to business websites will not be published.