Monday, August 5, 2013

Fried Eggplant

I had an abundance of eggplant which I brought to the beach with me.  (I'm on the "Catch It Eat It" part of my permanent vacation from work.) So last night, I treated my daughter, son-in-law and grandsons to my mother's fried eggplant.  Peel the eggplant and cut into sticks about a half inch wide.  Dredge in flour, then egg and milk wash and coat with Italian bread crumbs.  Fry the eggplant in olive oil and hold them in a 300 degree oven until ready.

Combined with hamburgers, sliced tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and 20 year old balsamic vinegar, you can't go wrong for a great beach meal.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. That sounds like the eggplant fries at Wert's Cafe in Allentown PA, which I tried for the first time last year and now have to get whenever I'm there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links to business websites will not be published.