Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pruning Blueberries

Despite all of the snow and rain we got yesterday, it's that time of year to start thinking about pruning your blueberries.  I could write several long paragraphs showing before and after slides, but that really wouldn't explain all of the finer points.  Because my planting was made in 1986, I have mostly mature plants and mature plants are pruned differently from new plantings, 4 year plantings, etc.  So suffice it to say, rather than type, I an going to turn to an great blueberry pruning video I found on the Oregon State University's Extension website.  It is about a 20 minute long, but it covers how to prune all ages of plantings and even pruning for mechanical harvesting, which I'm sure none of us will use.

When your finished watching this video you will be ready to tackle your high bush blueberries.


Before


After


1 comment:

Comments with links to business websites will not be published.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.